We all know someone that has gone for a swim with their phone in their pocket. Whether wading into the ocean and forgetting it was still there or getting pushed into the pool by a 'loved' one; it is a horrible realisation and quick action is required.
The latest model smartphones are getting better and better with water resistance but nothing is infallible. If your phone has turned itself off, DO NOT TURN IT ON. Smartphones are quite smart when it comes to liquid ingression and turn themselves off as soon as moisture is detected in risky places to ensure further damage is avoided. Unfortunately water damage is rarely covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
Follow this guide to maximise your phone's chance of survival:
- Remove your phone from the water and dry it off as much as you can.
- Check if your phone is still on using the home button or volume button (avoid pressing the power button). If your phone is still on - switch it off
- If your phone is off - DO NOT TURN IT ON
- Do not plug it into charge or connect any accessories (headphones etc)
- Do not apply any heat.
- Give us a call for collection. We have a better chance of saving your phone while it is wet!